RSS Feed

  1. The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme has now been successfully running in Scotland for well over a year. Anyone working with-in the remits of needing a PVG Scheme Record can apply to join the scheme. Once a member, you only need to update your membership, which is quicker and cheaper than having to re-apply each time, unlike the Enhanced Disclosures. Alba Childcare Agency are an umbrelloa body and can countersign all your PVG Scheme applications.

  2. Everyone who works in the following places needs a Police Check (also known as CRB Check, Enhanced Disclosure, or Protection of Vunerable Groups (PVG Scheme)  - schools, childcare premises, residential homes, children's hospitals, children's detention centre's, children's centre's, adult care homes.  It also includes any work (paid or voluntary) which is involved in the safeguarding of children and  protected adults.  This may include catering, cleaning, administration, driving and maintenence staff. It is not possible to provide a definitive list of positions or types of employment that require a police check.  It is the employers who are best placed to understand their services and therefore should access who needs a police check.   For more information on police checks go to or to apply for a police check register with Alba Childcare Agency.